If you’ve been feeling stuck in a cycle of boring loungewear, oversized t-shirts, and house slippers, know that you’re not alone. As we continue to grapple with uncertainty in an on-going pandemic, our fashion choices reflect the anxieties we’ve been feeling over the past few months. In a virtual world, we might not be running into our exes at parties in killer dresses or showing off our latest fashion splurge on a night out with the girls. However, we would argue that you can still enjoy the fun of getting dressed up, even with nowhere to go!
1. Chocolate brown- This shade of brown seems to be a recurring theme this winter season- not only on the runways (Prabal Gurung incorporated it into elegant night wear that is to die for!), but all over our Pinterest feeds as well. We love how universal the shade is and how well it pairs with a totally neutral outfit or on its own with subtle pops of color. We expect to see chocolate brown in the form of chunky knit sweaters, leather pants and jackets, and polished blazers this winter season. Oh, and did we mention our Clarkson Blazer now comes in this totally luxe shade as well? For your next Zoom meeting, pair it with our Beekman Pants for a sleek and sophisticated look, or dress it down with skinny jeans and slip-on loafers for your next socially distanced coffee date.
2. Classic collegiate- Undergrads, grad students, and post-grads alike have all pulled this style off at one point or another. Remember when you were running late for class but still wanted to look cute, so you threw together some variation of tennis sneakers, a pleated skirt, and your trusty university crewneck sweatshirt for comfort? Whether you’re in school or not, Princess Diana’s effortless collegiate style in the 90’s is making a comeback- and giving us major outfit inspo for weekend errand running! You can channel your own “Gossip Girl” vibes with our Delancey Skirt and adorable knotted headbands. Make the look more casual by pairing it with your favorite sneakers and a crewneck with a contrasting collar.
3. Oversized everything- The un-tailored look has dominated Winter 2020 runways and has been perfectly executed by the likes of Gigi Hadid, Kaia Gerber, and Hailey Bieber. From boyfriend-fit blazers, wide leg trousers, and oversized poplin shirts, this is a trend we are happy to get on board with while staying home. If you’re ready to ditch those baggy sweats for an equally comfortable, yet more put-together look, this trend is for you!
4. Perfectly plaid- Plaid? For Winter? Groundbreaking. While Miranda Priestly from The Devil Wears Prada might feel less than impressed by this expected winter trend, we are seeing the timeless print take on new forms this season. Miu Miu’s Fall Winter 2020 collection reworked the classic print with vivid colors, funky skirt suits, and drool-worthy dresses we are totally obsessing over. If you’re looking to stay cozy but still on trend, try our Penn Jardigan in navy plaid and pair it with a mini skirt, tights, and a bold statement belt.
5. Modish masks- 2020’s most sought after accessory has got to be face masks that are safe and stylish. It is no surprise that designers are incorporating the trend into winter collections in all sorts of creative ways this season. While it looks like we’ll be masking up for months to come, a girl’s gotta have options to coordinate appropriately. If you’ve been looking to add to your collection of masks that are pretty and protective, you’re in luck! We have a wide variety of shades and prints that pair perfectly with all of our pieces, and you can shop for them right here. We also really love these rib knit masks from California “cool-girl” brand, Lisa Says Gah (they also have matching scrunchies, how cute!)