Name: Rebecca Allen
Occupation: Founder, Rebecca Allen
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Recent Impulse Purchase: Maternity Leggings (a moment of desperation!)
5 questions for you...
1. What's the best advice you’ve ever given or received?
Never underestimate the power of showing up, following up, staying in front of people and being politely persistent.
2. How would you describe your personal style?
Clean and sophisticated, valuing fit over trend always.
3. What was the last thing that made you laugh out loud?
My cat was lying on the edge of my sofa and tried to casually lick his paw and roll over, but he accidentally rolled himself right off the sofa and then tried to pretend he meant to.
4. What’s a productivity tip you swear by?
Boomerang for gmail. It reminds to follow up with people (see "best advice" above) without having to keep it on my to-do list or set calendar reminders. It is my favorite thing.
5. Think of the woman you most admire and name three qualities she exhibits.
Mellody Hobson - brilliance, fearlessness, humor.
What's in your desk?
Notebook, RMS lip tint, and Tums