Name: Nisha Dua
Occupation: Founder, #BUILTBYGIRLS and Co-founder, BBG Ventures
Founder, #BUILTBYGIRLS and Co-founder, BBG Ventures
Location: New York
Proudest Accomplishment: Getting a black belt in Karate
5 questions for you...
1. What's the best advice you’ve ever given or received?
In negotiation, there is great power in the pause. Lay out your offer, and be quiet. Don't quickly over-explain, caveat, say sorry or thank you.
2. How would you describe your personal style?
Classic uniform with a pop of embellishment.
3. What was the last thing that made you laugh out loud?
When someone called investing in women an "initiative"...umm, no.
4. What’s a productivity tip you swear by?
To-Do Lists; but always highlight the top 3 things you need to get done so you're constantly prioritizing and making the best use of your time.
5. Think of the woman you most admire and name three qualities she exhibits.
My mum. She had the warmest heart, was a friend who made everyone feel like the most special person in the room, and she weathered the storms of life with a no-nonsense attitude, a frank sense of humor, and a smile.
What's on your desk?
Mac computer, Apple wireless earphones, and True Botanicals face oil