Name: KJ Miller
Occupation: Founder, Mented Cosmetics
Location: New York
Recent Impulse Purchase: Non-alcoholic cocktail mix...I didn't love it
5 questions for you...
1. What's the best advice you’ve ever given or received?
When I was a senior in high school and feeling nervous about what I would do after graduation, my Dad told me “You can do anything you want to do.” It wasn’t really advice, it was more of an affirmation. Knowing he believed that I could be successful at anything I attempted was the best motivator I’ve ever received.
2. How would you describe your personal style?
Classic - jeans and a white or black top all day. I tend to value fun accessories and keep my basics basic.
3. What was the last thing that made you laugh out loud?
My Co-Founder Amanda makes me laugh all day. It really doesn’t take much to set us off..
4. What’s a productivity tip you swear by?
Start your day with your “Top Three” - these are the three non-negotiables that must get done. If you make it to everything else on the list great, but chances are you won’t, so at least the most important things will be done.
5. Think of the woman you most admire and name three qualities she exhibits.
My mother is the woman I admire most. She’s strong, opinionated, and loves to laugh.
What's in your desk?
Wet Ones, Mented Cosmetics Lipstick and Gloss