Name: Jihan Thompson
Occupation: CEO of Swivel Beauty
Location: New York
Childhood Dream: Writer
5 questions for you...
1. What's the best advice you’ve ever given or received?
“Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence.” It’s from a Calvin Coolidge quote that my dad emailed to me when I was in college many, many years ago. It has always stuck with me and it’s something I return to often as a strong reminder to never give up when it comes to making my vision for Swivel a reality.
2. How would you describe your personal style?
My personal style is a blend of casual, chic, and classic. Most days, you can find me in some combo of jeans, a t-shirt, and a blazer.
3. What was the last thing that made you laugh out loud?
An episode of The Office.
4. What’s a productivity tip you swear by?
I’m a firm believer in “eat the frog first.” If I do my hardest, scariest, avoid-at-all-costs task first thing in the morning, I’m more productive the rest of the day. I also try to never skip a workout (for me, that’s a run or a Pilates class). Exercise does wonders for my mood and productivity.
5. Think of the woman you most admire and name three qualities she exhibits.
Fierce, humble, level-headed.
What's on your desk?
Swivel Notebook & Headphones