Name: Genevieve Martin
Occupation: Director of External Affairs of the Art Students League of New York
Location: New York
Ideal Comfort Food: Drunken Noodles
5 questions for you...
1. What part of your job is most rewarding?
Transforming people into artists!
2. What was the moment that made you realize you wanted to do what you do now?
As a graduate of the Cooper Union, I have benefitted from an outstanding fine arts education I would not otherwise have access to. Each scholarship recipient was instilled with a sense of responsibility to pay it forward by activating the creative potential of those around us.
3. What could you spend all day talking about?
What I’m cooking tonight. It's dumplings FYI.
4. What is your favorite characteristic of your best friend?
His wet nose.
5. What is the first thing you notice about a new employee?
What's in your desk?
Art, Nadja by André Breton, Perfume