Name: Elina Tunyan
Occupation: Founder & CEO, Garni
Location: New York
Ideal Comfort Food: Middle Eastern Food
5 questions for you...
1. What part of your job is most rewarding?
Entrepreneurship challenges me in new ways every day. In order to overcome some of those challenges, you need to resolve certain personal aspects within yourself, which often have their roots in childhood. It's emotionally as challenging as it is physically and intellectually.
2. What was the moment that made you realize you wanted to do what you do now?
The moment I realized that I was creating. I've always been in finance and usually spent my days working with numbers and data. Tapping into my creative side has been really thrilling! But to be honest, I was a bit apprehensive at first to admit to myself that I did have that creativity inside me and that's why recognizing it was a huge moment for me.
3. What could you spend all day talking about?
Eat, sleep, breath the startup life. It's a seductive, addictive, rewarding, and punishing lifestyle that I can't get enough of.
4. What is your favorite characteristic of your best friend?
5. What is the first thing you notice about a new employee?
They don't become a new employee unless they are genuinely good people at their core.
What's in your desk?
AirPods, Muji Pen, Notebook, Lipstick