Name: Amy Nelson
Occupation: CEO, Venture for America
Location: New York
Recent Impulse Purchase: Rose Quartz Face Roller
5 questions for you...
1. What's the best advice you’ve ever given or received?
Make a practice of expressing gratitude. It's the best advice I've received and now I try and pass it on!
2. How would you describe your personal style?
Whenever I get into an Uber in another city the driver seems to know I'm from New York. So, I guess that's my signature!
3. What was the last thing that made you laugh out loud?
Basically anything my 8-year-old son says.
4. What’s a productivity tip you swear by?
I practice Inbox Zero, and I pride myself on always being responsive. There is nothing more important than relationships, and great communication fosters great relationships.
5. Think of the woman you most admire and name three qualities she exhibits.
My board member Randy Rubin has lived a daring life that I aspire to. She is bold, has tremendous business savvy, and cares deeply about her family and community.
What's on your desk?
Felix Gray glasses, GEM Vitamin food bites, Educated by Tara Westover