Looking for a few quick reads to take in over your next lunch hour, coffee break, and/or train commute? Well, you’ve landed in just the right place… We’re bringing back our “Links We Love” series to share a few of our recent and favorite online finds.
(1) The Corporate Catwalk is by far one of our daily must-reads—Olivia (the #bosslady behind the blog) writes all about our favorite topics—career/life advice, fashion, and beauty. Needless to say, we were beyond thrilled to see her sport our Sutton Wrap Dress and Mott Shift Dress in a recent post. Doesn’t she look fab?
(2) We won’t even pretend like we’re not excited to hear that the hobo bag in making a comeback in fall ‘16. The hobo is seriously the perfect bag for work because you can lit-er-ally throw everything (but the kitchen sink) in it. Who What Wear proves that this “once-passé” carryall is now one of the hottest accessories of the season.
(3) If you’re anything like us, then you’re hustlin’ each day… Which means that you don’t always have time for “life stuff”— like grocery shopping, laundry, working out, etc. But, you truly do owe it to yourself to keep your mind and body healthy. If you’re wondering how to incorporate a quick workout into your day-to-day, check out Darling Magazine’s tips on, “The Best 5 Workouts to Squeeze in Before Work.”
(4) Office envy. It’s easy to find yourself is a harmful spiral of comparison in the workplace. Goop talks about how to identify and combat personal envy in the workplace—and, provides tips for managers on how to set up a work environment that fosters healthy competition.
(5) Who doesn’t like a classic grilled cheese? For us, it’s the perfect comfort food after a long day at work. Check out a few fancy, grown-up versions of the classic sandwich on My Domaine. All you need is a glass on vino… Dinner is served.
(6) There are just a few Qs and comments that are 100% off limits between you and your co-workers. Take a look at The Zoe Report’s roundup of “The 10 Things You Should Never Say To Your Work Friends.” On point and pretty wise tips, if you ask us.
(7) Juliet Eilperin’s Washington Post article on women in the White House is a great read. It’s interesting to hear how women’s role in our nation’s top governmental branch has both changed, and in some instances, stayed the same, over time. We were most intrigued by the tactics women in the White House use to garner attention/respect in a male-dominated environment.
(8) Summer is over—which means that most vacays and OOO days have passed. It’s a long road btw now and the holidays. So, if you’re back in the grind and hitting it hard, be sure to take a peek at Career Contessa’s tips for avoiding burn out.
(9) What better way to wrap up this month’s edition of LWL than by sharing “11 Beyonce Quotes That Will Inspire You to Run the World” (c/o Levo League)? #MicDrop
What are you currently reading and loving online? Tweet us your favorite links, @OfMercer.