Personal style matters- because your go-getter attitude and confident personality isn't the first thing they'll see. The clothes you wear reflect your individuality and how you want to present yourself to the world. While it can be a challenge keeping up with the fast-paced world of fashion, we are here to tell you that finding your unique look can be a totally effortless process. It is not about what you wear, but rather how you wear it that counts. Read on to hear our best advice on channeling your inner fashionista and experiencing a little self-love along the way.
1. Find accounts that inspire you- For all the mindless scrolling we do on social media, it's important to consider following accounts that actually add positivity to our feeds. If opening up Instagram feels more like a stressful task than a place to find creativity and inspiration, a social media clean-out may be just what you need. Consider unfollowing accounts that make you feel like you need to be somebody else- and start following ones that leave you feeling empowered. Oh, and did we mention we're on IG too? Follow us at @ofmercer for your weekly dose of artsy photos, relatable quotes, and work-wear outfit inspo!
2. Get creative on Pinterest- Creating style mood boards on Pinterest is a fun way to categorize all of your outfit ideas into one organized place. In addition, it's super easy to go back to when you're in a rush and just can't seem to find something to wear. A quick scroll through the app can provide whatever you need- from date night looks to accessorizing tips. There is truly no shortage of ideas- so get to it!
3. Avoid putting yourself in a box- The world of fashion is ever-changing, and so are you. Your style is a unique reflection of your attitude, personality, and life experiences. All of these elements are constantly changing as we become new and improved versions of ourselves. Maybe somedays you're feeling bold and edgy like our Bond Dress and others, sweet and simple like our Carmine Dress. There is no need to box up and label your style- doing this will only tamper with your ability to switch it up and find what works best for you.
4. Don't be afraid to take risks- We believe that every fashion risk not taken is an opportunity missed. Experimenting with your style allows you to discover the looks that make you feel the most confident. If skirts and dresses are more your thing, try switching it up with a power pantsuit, like our Clarkson Blazer and Beekman Pants. Or, consider playing up your go-to looks with some fun accessories- try these adorable knotted headbands or this skinny belt in a bold shade, like cobalt, to really stand out.
5. Remember that there will be good days and bad days- At the end of the day, having confidence in yourself is the most important factor in finding your personal style. There will inevitably be days where you just can't seem to find anything that works and are left feeling less than your best self. However, it is important to remember that each outfit reflects how you were feeling at a specific time- so you can find meaning even in those "wardrobe mishaps." Just know that as long as you are staying true to yourself, you are always getting one step closer to whatever fashion goals you have set for yourself.