It’s that time again—we’ve put together a list of our favorite links for professional women. So, go on, and savor your morning cup of coffee over our latest edition of “links we love.”
(1) To-do lists are an absolute must around the Of Mercer HQ. Lists help us set priorities and stay on track with daily tasks. We were thrilled to stumble upon Brit+Co’s roundup of 20 free printable to-do lists. Our favorite? The “do it for the cupcakes” list, of course!
(2) We recently came across Domaine’s list of 15 professional habits to develop by your mid-20s. Tips include updating your résumé every 6 months, finding a mentor, and learning how to network—from our experience, all 15 tips are relevant for any savvy young professional.
(3) Leave it to Levo League to put together 8 inspirational quotes to help you #ask4more. Quotes from celebs like Kerry Washington and Lena Dunham encourage women to know and seek their worth. In the words of Amy Poehler, “It’s never overreacting to ask for what you need.”
(4) Ever have one of those mornings when you wake up late, look in the mirror, and realize that your hair is a mess? Sadly, the “bed head” look just won’t fly in the office. For days like these, we recommend skimming over Real Simple’s list of bad hair day fixes. Learn how to quickly tame curly hair, smooth out a ponytail, and more.
(5) Traveling for work can be tricky. If you’re anything like us, you want to look professional but still be comfy. Career Contessa’s tips for what to wear to the airport on a work trip are spot on. We love the idea of finishing a travel outfit with a scarf—an Of Mercer silk scarf would be the perfect pick!
(6) Does the thought of becoming a morning person seem downright impossible? Even if you’re a night owl, there are a few things you can do to help tackle your mornings with a little more ease. Check out Elana Lyn’s blog for 7 ways to have a better morning routine.
(7) When it comes to putting together a work wardrobe, there are a few absolute “no’s.” Stylecaster names 9 fashion choices that could get you fired (no matter how casual or fashion-forward your workplace might be). Hint: Save the crop tops, mini skirts, and sweatpants for weekends.
(8) If you spend a lot of time behind a desk, it’s only right for your workspace to keep you inspired. We’re strong advocates of maintaining a chic office. Naturally, we swooned over Rue Daily’s roundup of 10 offices that optimize above the desk décor.
(9) We’re all about gleaning insights from other entrepreneurs and #girlbosses. We were excited to see A Cup of Jo feature career tips from 9 female entrepreneurs. The advice is authentic and unedited. We’re particularly fond of interior designer Emily Henderson’s tip to seek help when it comes to life’s little stressors.
What are you currently reading and loving online? Tweet us your favorite links, @OfMercer.