Image via Love, Lenore
Fall is definitely one of our favorite times of the year. Even if you find yourself insanely busy at your 9-to-5 (we hear you!), you can still gear up for the season. Take a look at our top 12 essentials for fall 2014.
(1) Bow-shaped statement necklace: We love this pick from Loren Hope—it makes any workday outfit look put together and polished.
(2) Goes-with-everything blazer: With the weather transitioning from hot to cold, sometimes all you need is a go-to blazer to keep you warm and looking professional.
(4) Pumpkin spice latte (a.k.a. the PSL): It wouldn’t be a fall roundup without the official drink of the season. Somehow, workday mornings are much more enjoyable with a PSL in hand.
(5) Carmel brown leather watch: We’re avid believers in having a watch for every season. This Marc Jacobs timekeeper will help you arrive to your meetings on time (maybe even a few minutes early!).
(6) Plaid scarf: This Rag & Bone scarf can be paired with practically anything (you can dress it up or down). Plus, you can take it into the chilly winter months ahead.
(7) Bordeaux dress: Bordeaux is a great wear-to-work color that is totally on-trend for fall. Our Fifth Avenue, Fulton, and Ludlow dresses all come in this coveted shade.
(8) Berry-toned lipstick: In the fall, we exchange our bright pink and coral lipsticks for deep reds. ILIA’s lipstick in “Femme Fatale” is one of our all-time fall faves.
(9) Oxblood mani/pedi: After a slow summer, fall months can sometimes seem ever so hectic. Don’t forget to treat yourself to a mani/pedi now and then. Julep’s “Oxblood Crème” gets our vote for the best fall polish.
(10) Don’t-mess-with-me leather gloves: Another fab item that will take you into winter. Plus, classic black leather gloves are a staple for any stylish lady.
(11) Oversized leather workday tote: This Clare Vivier bag is definitely on our want list. It’s great for carrying all your workday goodies, including a laptop.
(12) Leather booties: Depending on your work environment, these Madewell boots are great for fall. We like to pair them with dresses and tights. At a minimum, you can sport them on casual Fridays or for fall weekend getaways.
Which fall essentials are you currently coveting? Tweet at us, @OfMercer. We’re not going to lie…a PSL sounds pretty delicious right about now. Excuse us while we indulge in a little coffee break.