Image via Dallas Shaw
Another New York Fashion Week has come and gone. And even though we’re just starting to break out our fall wardrobe essentials, we’re already buzzing about the styles for next spring. If you didn’t nab a front-row seat next to Anna Wintour at this year’s NYFW shows, have no fear. We’ve rounded up the top six trends that kept popping up all over the runways.
Images via style.com
(1) One thing’s for sure, you’ll want to get your hands on some gingham next spring. The pattern made non-stop appearances at Altuzarra, Michael Kors, Diane von Furstenberg, and Oscar de la Renta… just to name a few.
(2) Big bold stripes also made their mark as a pattern of choice. Our favorite looks were at Victoria Beckham, DKNY, Ostwald Helgason, and Suno. Show-stopping stripes were also on the runways at Lacoste, Rebecca Minkoff, Peter Som, Michael Kors, and Altuzarra
(3) According to the Spring 2015 collections, suede isn’t just for fall and winter anymore. Models were decked out in colorful suede at Derek Lam, Tibi, Jason Wu, and Altuzarra. We also spotted the fabric at Jill Stuart, Karen Walker, Tommy Hilfiger, and Edun.
(4) It looks like we’ll be renewing our gym memberships after all. Cut outs and crop tops don’t seem to be going anywhere. We loved the fun triangle cut outs at Vivienne Tam, Marc Jacobs, Lela Rose, and Donna Karan.
(5) The 70s seemed to make another subtle comeback. Models wore 70s-style silhouettes at Victoria Beckham, Rebecca Taylor, Derek Lam, and Jill Stuart. (P.S. The looks were definitely work-wear worthy.)
(6) We kept seeing pops of yellow across countless runways. A few of our favorite lemon-hued ensembles were at Karen Walker, Michael Kors, Delpozo, and 3.1 Phillip Lim.
There you have it, all the goodness from NYFW. Tell us what you think. Which trends will sustain through the spring and which will fall to the wayside? Tweet at us, @OfMercer.