Looking for a few quick reads (or podcasts) to take in over your next lunch hour? Well, you’re in luck! We’re kicking off 2016 with our latest (and greatest!) edition of “links we love.” So sit back, relax, and peruse through a few of our favorite online finds.
(1) If you missed our inaugural Women of Mercer event at our NYC flagship, have no fear. Listen to the entire “How C-Suite It Is” panel—led by Betty Liu, anchor and editor-at-large for Bloomberg Television. The discussion features Susan Lyne, founder of BBG Ventures, and Daniella Yacobovsky, co-founder of BaubleBar—two women who know a thing or two about being a #girlboss.
(2) During an average week, you probably spend more time in your office compared to anywhere else. So when it comes down to it, it’s a huge plus to jam away in a workspace that looks and feels awesome. We couldn’t help but get a little jealous when taking a peek at Refinery 29’s list of the most well-designed offices in the US.
(3) We’re kind of obsessed with Amanda Slavin’s recent Levo League article, “30 Things I’m Happy I Tried and Learned Before 30.″ Slavin is the founder of CatalystCreativ—and her reflections are raw, relatable, and totally honest.
(4) Okay people… It’s not too late to lock in those 2016 resolutions and to make plans to stick to ‘em! If you’re looking to make improvements on the career front, be sure to check out Elana Lyn’s 10 New Year’s Resolutions for Career Success in 2016.
(5) As a start-up, we know firsthand how important it is to network with and to learn from fellow entrepreneurs. We were beyond thrilled to see Domaine’s round-up of top career tips from young entrepreneurs.
(6) On the hunt for a bday gift for the boss? Or, in need of the perfect “thank you” gift for a client? BoxFox is our current go-to for thoughtful gifting. Pick from pre-packed gift boxes or quickly build your own—either way, a BoxFox is sure to impress.
(7) One of our major resolutions for 2016 is to get (and keep) our inboxes in tip-top shape. This year, we will not drown in emails. If you’re with us, take a peek at Treasure Tromp’s 8 tips and apps to organize email.
(8) Also on the email front, we’ve taken a pledge to be more effective communicators and to not use words like “I think,” “just,” or “sorry” in emails. Want in? Download Just Not Sorry, a Google Chrome plug-in that underlines words in your emails that might undermine your messages.
(9) With the year in full swing (and cold season upon us), we just can’t afford to get the sniffles. Career Contessa’s list of simple ways to avoid taking a sick day is super handy. Two key takeaways: (1) stay hydrated and (2) don’t skimp on sleep
What are you currently reading and loving online? Tweet us your favorite links, @OfMercer.